Makes 8 cookie sandwiches. There are no leavening agents used.
- All purpose flour – 1 cup + 2 tbsps.
- Salt – 1/4 tsp.
- Butter – 100 grams, softened
- Peanut butter – 3 tbsps.
- Brown sugar – 1/2 cup
- Egg – 1 number; medium
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp.
- Oats (quick cooking) – 1/2 cup
For the filling:-
- Peanut butter – 1/2 cup
- Icing sugar – 3/4 cup
- Fine biscuit powder – 1 tbsp.
- Sift together the plain flour and salt. Set aside.
- Beat together the butter, peanut butter & brown sugar till creamy & light. Beat in the egg & essence.
- Fold in the sifted flour mixture first.
- Add the oats and fold in. Refrigerate the dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Make lime sized balls from the dough & place them on a baking sheet lined with foil .
- Flatten the cookies with a fork.
- Bake the cookies at 180C for 15 minutes.
- Let cool down completely before making the cookie sandwiches.
- For the filling, beat together the peanut butter and icing sugar till creamy and fluffy. Stir in the biscuit crumbs. Use this mixture to make the cookie sandwiches.
SOURCE :- Masala Mornings