For the base:-
- Quick cooking oats – 1 cup
- Butter – 75 grams, softened
- Brown sugar – 1/2 cup
- Corn syrup (light) – 1/4 cup
- Creamy peanut butter – 1/4 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp.
For the topping:-
- Milk chocolate chips – 3/4 cup
- Butter – 1 tbsp.
- Smooth peanut butter – 1/3 cup
- Roasted and salted peanuts – 1/2 cup
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Line a 2 lb. loaf pan with butter paper & leave 1″ overhang along the sides.
- Mix together the butter, peanut butter, oats, salt, corn syrup, brown sugar and vanilla essence. Press this mixture on to the base of the pan.
- Bake at 180C for 22-25 minutes.
- Let the base cool down completely to room temperature.
- For the topping, melt the milk chocolate chips along with 1 tbsp. of butter by double boiling. Add the peanut butter and salted peanuts and mix. Spread this mixture over the cooled base.
- Refrigerate overnight till completely set.
- Cut into bars and serve.