- Cauliflower florets- 3 cups; thinly sliced
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsps.
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Dry red chillies ( I used Kashmiri dry red chilly) – 2 numbers, cut into 3/ 4 pieces
- Curry leaves – a few
- Onion – 1 medium, finely chopped
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1/4 heaping tsp.
- Pepper powder – 1/3 tsop
- Salt – 1/2-3/4 tsp.
- Grated coconut – 1 tbsp.
- Heat oil in a wok & splutter the mustard seeds. Stir in the dry red chillies and curry leaves. Add the chopped onions & stir fry till the onion turns golden brown.
- Stir in the turmeric powder, red chilly powder and pepper powder & cook for a minute on low heat. Add the sliced cauliflower. Cover cook on medium (not low) heat adding 3/4 tsp. of salt for 7-10 minutes without adding any water.
- Finally add the grated coconut and mix.
- Serve hot with rice.