- Milk – 2 cups
- Onion – 1/4 cup; finely chopped
- Greenchilly – 2 numbers; finely chopped
- Garlic – 1 big clove; grated
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder – 3/4 tsp.
- Cilantro – 1/4 cup; chopped
- Semolina/Rava/Sooji – 1/2 cup
- Egg – 1 number; beaten
- Bread crumbs – as required for coating the squares
- Bring 2 cups of milk to a boil. Lower heat and add the chopped onion, greenchilies, salt, garlic, pepper powder, cilantro and semolina. Cook on medium low heat till the mixture comes together as a mass and starts to leave the sides of the pan. Add cheese and mix well. Transfer the mixture to a greased tray & smoothen the top with a gresed spoon. (Don’t make the mixture too dry as it will break and will not hold shape later on.)
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Cut into 2×2″ squares.
- Dip each square in beaten egg, roll in bread crumbs and deep-fry in hot oil till golden brown in colour on a medium high heat.
- Drain on paper towels and serve hot.