- Ripe pumpkin (with orange skin) – 2 cups; chopped into cubes (You could use the pumpkin with green skin if you don’t want your Olan to be sweet)
- Ashgourd – 2 cups; chopped into cubes
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Greenchilly – 1 to 2 numbers
- Thick coconut milk – 1/2 cup (freshly extracted)
- Salt to taste
- Coconut oil – 1 tbsp.
- Curryleaves – a few
- Combine the cubed pumpkin, ashgourd, greenchillies, 1/4 cup of water and salt in a pressure cooker. Simmer for 5 minutes after the first whistle. Open the cooker once the pressures subside. Cook till completely dry. The veggies should be mashed up slightly by now.
- Finally add the thick coconut milk, curry leaves and coconut oil & remove from heat.