For the base layer:-
- Butter – 100 grams
- Oats – 3/4 cup
- All purpose flour – 3/4 cup
For the filling:-
- Apple – 2 numbers; peeled, seeded and sliced
- Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp.
- Walnuts – 1/2 cup; coarsely chopped
For the topping:-
- Sweetened condensed milk – 1 tin or 395 grams
- Thick cream -3/4 cup
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp.
- Melt the butter. Add the oats and flour to the melted butter and mix. Press this mixture onto the base of a 8×8″ pyrex dish. Refrigerate the base for 1 hour.
- Arrange the sliced apples over the base. Sprinkle the cinnamon and walnuts over the apple slices.
- Combine the condensed milk, cream and lemon juice and pour this mixture over the walnuts.
- Bake in a 180C preheated oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla icecream or allow to cool completely and cut into squares.