- Vermicelli – 200 grams (Use the extra fine variety)
- Butter – 150 grams
- Sweetened condensed milk – 1 tin or 400 grams
- Powdered cardamom – 1 tsp.
- Rose water – 1/2 tsp.
- Chopped nuts – as required for garnish
- Heat butter in a broad non-stick pan & add the vermicelli. Roast for 10 minutes on low heat till crisp. Remove from heat and add the condensed milk & mix.
- Bring the mixture back to heat & cook till the mixture turns really thick. Stir in the powdered cardamom & rose-water. Allow the vermicelli mixture to cool.
- Shape into balls & garnish with chopped nuts.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Note:- Do not taste these balls immediately after making them. They need to be refrigerated for sometime to develop that crispy, gooey texture. It is very important to use the extra fine variety of vermicelli.