- Plain flour –1.5 cups
- Baking soda – 11/2 tsp.
- Salt – a pinch
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – 1/2 cup
- Butter – 2/3 cups; softened
- Eggs – 2 numbers, medium
- Powdered sugar – 1.5 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp.
- Cold milk – 1 cup
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Sift together the plain flour, salt,cocoa powder & baking soda. Transfer the sifted dry flour mixture to a medium mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the eggs, milk, butter, essence and powdered sugar. Beat the mixture at low-speed for 2 minutes using a hand blender to a smooth thick batter.
- Transfer this mixture to a prepared 9×9″ cake tin.
- Bake at 180C for 30-35 minutes.