The texture of these cookies aren’t as good as the texture of the cookies made with butter/shortening.
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Baking soda – 1/4 tsp.
- Salt – 1/4 tsp.
- Oats – 1.5 cups (Pulsed in the food processor)
- Egg – 1 number
- Brown sugar – 1/4 cup
- Caster sugar – 1/2 cup
- Oil – 1/2 cup
- Orange zest – 1 tbsp.
- Fresh orange juice – 1 tbsp.
- Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Sift together the plain flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Beat the egg with a hand mixer really well. Add the sugars and beat again till pale in colour and thick.
- Add the oil gradually and keep beating the mixture.
- Stir in the essence, orange zest and juice.
- Fold in the sifted flour mixture and oats.
- Drop 1 heaping tsp. of the batter on to a cookie tray lined with foil.
- Bake the cookies at 180C for 15 minutes.
- Let cool completely before serving.
Source:- Masala Mornings