Makes 18 cookie sandwiches. The ghee gives a very distinct melt in mouth texture to these cookies.
- All purpose flour – 11/3 cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp.
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp.
- Salt – 1/4 tsp.
- Ghee – 1/2 cup
- Castor sugar – 1/2 cup
- Brown sugar – 1/2 cup
- Smooth Peanut butter – 1/2 cup
- Egg – 1 number; medium
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp.
For the filling:-
- Peanut butter – 1/4 cup
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips – 1 cup
- Cream – 1 tbsp.
- Sift together the plain flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Melt the ghee in a medium sauce pan and allow it to cool down to room temperature. Refrigerate till the ghee solidifies. Remove from the refrigerator and beat the ghee well with hand mixer till light and fluffy.
- Add peanut butter, castor sugar & brown sugar to the ghee and continue beating till creamy & light. Beat in the egg & essence.
- Fold in the sifted flour mixture.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Make lime sized balls from the dough & place them on a baking sheet lined with foil .
- Flatten the cookies with a fork.
- Bake the cookies at 180C for 15 minutes.
- Let cool down completely before making the cookie sandwiches.
- For the filling, melt together the peanut butter, chocolate chips and cream till smooth. Let cool down to room temperature. Use this mixture to sandwich 2 cookies together.