- Chicken keema– 250 grams
- Salt – to taste
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsps.
- Onions – 3 medium, finely chopped
- Greenchilly – 2 number, finely chopped
- Ginger – 1 tsp. (pounded)
- Garlic – 4 big cloves (pounded)
- Red chilly powder – 1 heaping tsp.
- Coriander powder – 2 heaping tsps
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Spinach – 2 small handfuls
- Cilantro – 1/2 a bunch
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp.
- Mint – 7 to 8 leaves
- Coconut – 1/2 cup; grated and pounded
- Lime juice – 1 tsp.
- Heat 2 tbsps of oil in a broad non-stick pan. Add the onions & cook till they turn golden brown in colour. Add the greenchilly & the ginger-garlic paste & fry for 7 minutes.
- Stir in the coriander, red chilly and turmeric powders and cook on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken keema and 1/2 tsp. of salt & fry for on low heat till white.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and cover cook the chicken for 15 minutes or till almost dry.
- Stir in the chopped spinach and cook further for 5 minutes.
- Grind together the cilantro, fennel seeds and mint leaves to a smooth paste. Add this paste to the pounded coconut and mix. Add this mixture to the cooked chicken and cook till the meat is lightly browned. Add garam masala powder.
- Add 1 tsp. of lime juice and remove from heat.
- Serve piping hot with rice.
Source:- Ummi Abdullah