For the chicken and cabbage filling:-
- Sunflower oil – 2 tbsps.
- Onions – 2 cups, finely chopped
- Greenchilly –1 number, finely chopped
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp.
- Garlic paste – 1 tsp.
- Chopped cabbage – 1 cup
- Cooked and shredded chicken – 1 cup
- Soy sauce – 1 tsp.
- Cilantro – 1 tbsp.
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp.
For the pancakes:-
- Maida – 1 cup
- Egg – 1 number
- Salt – 3/4 tsp.
- Water – as needed
- Maida- 2 tbsps.
- Water – 1.5- 2tbsps.
- Egg – 1 number; beaten
- Bread crumbs – as needed
- Oil for deep-frying the wraps
- For the filling, heat 2 tbsps. of oil in a broad non-stick pan. Add the chopped onions, greenchillies, ginger and garlic & cook till they turn golden brown in colour. Add the cabbage and cover cook for 5-7 minutes on medium heat or till it turns soft. Add the chicken, soy sauce, pepper powder, chopped cilantro and salt to taste. Keep this filling aside.
- Combine the maida, egg, salt and water to make the pancake batter. Make thin dosas/pancakes with this batter. Cook both the sides of all the pancakes and keep them aside.
- Make a flour paste by mixing 2 tbsps. of maida with 1.5-2tbsps. of water.
- Take a pancake and put 1 tbsp. of the chicken cabbage filling in the center. Bring together the four ends of the pancake to cover the filling to make a wrap. Use the flour paste to seal the ends. Repeat with remaining portions of the filling and pancakes.
- Dip each wrap in beaten egg, roll in bread crumbs and deep fry in hot oil on medium high heat till browned.
- Serve warm with ketchup.