- Basmathi Rice – 1.5 cups
- Boiling water – 3 cups
- Butter – 2 tbsps.
- Oil – 1 tsp.
- Cloves – 3 numbers
- Cinnamon – 1 ” piece
- Mace – one small blade
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp.
- Onion – 1 cup; finely chopped
- Tomato – 1.5 medium; ground to a coarse paste (don’t make it fine)
- Salt – 1.5 tsps.
- Chicken – 1 cup (cooked with salt, pepper powder and shredded)
- Soak the rice in water for 30 minutes. Drain out all the water from the rice & keep the rice aside.
- Heat the butter and oil in a non-stick pan & add the cloves, cinnamon, mace and cardamom powder. Add the onion and cook till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Add the coarse tomato paste and cook till it turns completely dry.
- Stir in the rice and fry it for 3-4 minutes. Add boiling water & 1.5 tsps. of salt & cover cook on medium low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked and shredded chicken to the rice and mix carefully.