- Plain flour –1 cup
- Baking powder – 2.5 tsps.
- Salt – a pinch
- Butter –125 grams; softened
- Powdered sugar – 1/2 cup + 2 level tbsps.
- Eggs – 2 numbers, large
- Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp.
- Walnuts – 1/2 cup;coarsely chopped
- Instant coffee – 1 tbsp. mixed with a little hot water
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Sift together the plain flour, salt & baking powder.
- Beat together the softened butter and powdered sugar for 10 minutes with a hand mixer till light and fluffy.
- Beat in the two eggs, one by one and beat well after each addition.
- Beat in the vanilla essence and the coffee decoction.
- Fold in the dry flour mixture and the chopped walnuts.
- Transfer this mixture to a prepared 2 lb. loaf tin.
- Bake at 180C for 30-40 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving.