- Onions – 4 big/medium; thinly sliced
- Curry leaves – a few; chopped
- Salt – 1 tsp.
- Garam masala powder / Crushed fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp.
- Red chilly powder – 3/4 tsp.
- All purpose flour – 3/4 cup
- Baking soda – 1/4 tsp.
- Oil to deep fry the vadas
- Add salt to the onions and mix well with hand. Keep the onions aside for 15 minutes. They will let out water.
- Add red chilli powder, curry leaves, garam masala powder, maida and baking soda to the onions and mix well.
- Heat oil for deep frying the vadas.
- Wet your hands and make balls from the mixture and drop carefully into the hot oil.
- Fry on medium low heat till brown in colour.
- Drain on paper towels and serve hot.
Source:- Magic oven