Makes 24 cookies.
- Plain flour – 2.5 cups
- Baking soda – 1.25 tsp.
- Brown sugar – 1.25 cup; tightly packed
- Granulated white sugar – 1/4 cup
- Salt – a pinch
- Dark chocolate chunks (I used 72%)– 100 grams
- Butter – 200 grams
- Egg – 1 number, medium
- Egg yolk – 1 number
- Butterscotch essence – 1/2 tsp.
- Thick curd – 1 tbsp.
- Nutella – 24 tbsps.
- Sift together the plain flour, salt, brown sugar, white sugar & baking soda. Add the dark chocolate chunks and mix. Set aside.
- Drop 1 level tbsp. of Nutella on a parchment paper. Do this 24 times. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes so that the Nutella turns firm.
- Melt the butter and cook for 5 minutes on medium low heat till brown in colour. Let cool completely. Add the egg, egg yolk, curd and butterscotch essence to the butter and mix.
- Fold in the flour mixture. Cover with a cling wrap and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Make 24 equal sized balls from the cookie dough. Take a cookie ball, flatten it, put 1 tbsp of the chilled Nutella in the center and shape it again into a ball. Flatten the Nutella filled cookie ball slightly and place on a cookie tray lined with foil. Repeat with the other cookie dough and chilled Nutella portions.
- Bake at 180C for 15 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
Source:- Tarla Dalal ; recipe slightly modified