- Green mango – 2 numbers; medium
- Onion – 1 medium; thinly sliced
- Greenchillies – 3 numbers; slit
- Curry leaves -a few
- Ginger – 1 tbsp; julienned
- Salt – to taste
- Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 2 level tbsps.
- Kashmiri chilly powder – 1 level tbsp.
- Turmeric powder – 3/4 tsp.
- Thin coconut milk/Randaam paal – 2 cups
- Thick coconut milk / Onnam paal – 1 cup
- Sugar – a pinch
- Coconut oil – 1 tbsp.
- Methi seeds – 1/4 tsp.
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp.
- Shallots – 2 tbsps.; thinly sliced
- Curryleaves – a few
- Mix together the sliced onions, ginger, greenchilly, curry leaf, coconut oil and salt very well using your hand. Keep this mixture aside for 15 minutes.
- Peel the green mangoes and cut them into thin slices.
- Add the mango slices, coriander, chilly and turmeric powders and mix. Add the thin coconut milk and enough salt. Bring this mixture to a rolling boil.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes Add the thick coconut milk and sugar. Remove from heat.
- In a wok, heat the coconut oil. Add the mustard seeds and allow them to pop. Stir in the methi seeds and fry for a minute. Add the sliced shallots and curry leaves. Fry till the shallots turn golden brown in colour. Pour this seasoning over the curry.
- Serve the maanga curry with rice.