- Green raw mango – 1.5 number; medium; skinned and cut into small cubes
- Garlic – 4 big cloves
- Shallots – 4 numbers
- Greenchillies – 2 numbers
- Kashmiri chilly powder – 3 level tsps.
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Fenugreek powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Cumin seeds – 4 pinches
- Pounded mustard seeds – 1.5 tsps.
- Curry leaves – a few
- Salt – as per taste
- Thick coconut milk (freshly extracted) – 2 cups
- Sugar – a pinch
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsps.
- Grind together the ingredients from 2 to 8 to a smooth paste using a mixer/grinder. Add the pounded mustard seeds, curryleaves and 1 tsp. of salt and mix. Marinate the mango cubes with this paste for 1-2 hours.
- Heat 2 tbsps. of coconut oil in a wok & add the marinated mango cubes. Fry for 10 minutes on medium heat or till the mango cubes are soft and cooked.
- Pour the thick coconut milk and add salt. Bring the curry to a slow boil and remove from heat. Add a pinch of sugar and mix.
- Serve hot with rice.