- Mackeral/ Ayala – 1 kg.
- Red chilly powder – 3 heaping tsps.
- Sweet paprika powder – 2 heaping tsps.
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Salt – 2.25 tsps.
- Lime juice – 1.5 tbsps.
- Sunflower oil to shallow fry the fish pieces
- Make gashes on the fish pieces.
- Mix together all the ingredients from 2 to 7 to make a paste. The marinade should neither be too thick or too thin. Marinate the fish pieces with this paste for 30 minutes.
- Heat approx. 1/2 cup of oil in a frying pan. When the oil becomes really hot, lower the heat to sim and carefully slide in the fish pieces. Increase heat to medium after 5 minutes of frying. After 15 minutes flip the fish pieces and cook the other side also for 15-20 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and serve hot.