- Coconut oil – 2 tbsps.
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp.
- Fenugreek/Uluva – 1/4 tsp.
- Dry red chillies – 2 numbers
- Curry leaves – a few
- Onion – 1 medium; cut into bite size cubes
- Shallots – 4 numbers; thinly sliced
- Drumstick – 3 numbers; cut into 3″ pieces
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Coriander powder – 1 heaping tbsp.
- Red chilly powder – 1 tsp.
- Green mango – half of a medium mango that is very sour
- Thin coconut milk/Randaampaal – 2 cups
- Heat oil in a wok and add the mustard seeds. Allow them to splutter. Add the fenugreek and cook for 2 minutes on low heat. Stir in the dry red chillies and curry leaves.
- Add the shallots & onion and cook till almost browned.
- Stir in the drumstick pieces and fry on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the coriander, turmeric and chilly powders and cook for a minute on low heat.
- Add the thin coconut milk and salt and bring the mixture to a rolling boil. Throw in the green mango pieces and cover cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice.