- Olive oil – 2 tbsps.
- Onion – 1 small; very finely chopped
- Garlic paste – 1 tsp.
- Potato – 1 small; boiled, peeled and mashed
- Oregano – 1/2 tsp.
- salt – 1/4 to 1/2 tsp.
- Broccoli – 1 cup; very finely chopped and blanched in boiling water for 2 minutes
- Cheddar cheese – 1/4 cup; grated
- Bread slice – 1 number (powdered to get fresh crumbs)
- Egg – 1 number; beaten
- Corn crumbs – as needed
- Oil – to deep-fry
- Heat oil in a broad non-stick pan & add the garlic paste and chopped onion. Cook till the onion turns soft. Add the mashed potato, oregano, salt, broccoli and remove the mixture from heat. Add the fresh bread crumbs and cheese. Let this mixture cool down to room temperature.
- Make lime sized balls from the mixture. Dip each ball in beaten egg and roll in corn crumbs.
- Deep-fry in hot oil on medium high heat till golden brown in colour.
- Serve hot.