- Fish – 1/2 kg. ; boneless (cut into small cubes)
- Coconut oil – 4 tbsps.
- Ginger – 1.5 tsbps.; finely chopped
- Garlic – 1.5 tbsps.; finely chopped
- Greenchilly – 1 number; slit
- Curry leaves – a few
- Onion – 3 numbers; medium; finely choppped
- Shallots – 10 numbers; thinly sliced
- Kashmiri chilly powder – 1/2 heaping tsp.
- salt to taste
- Tomato – 2 numbers; large; thinly sliced
For marinating the fish:-
- Lime juice – 3/4 tbsp.
- Salt – 1.25 tsp.
- Red chilly powder – 1.5 heaping tsps.
- Sweet paprika powder – 1 heaping tsp.
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp.
- Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp.
- Marinate the fish cubes with salt, pepper powder, chilly powder, paprika powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder and lime juice for 30 minutes.
- Heat coconut oil in a frying pan & add the chopped ginger and garlic and cook till the raw smell disappears. Stir in the onion & shallots and cook till they turn golden brown in colour. Add the kashmiri chilly powder and mix. Add salt & stir in the marinated fish pieces. Mix the fish pieces carefully with the masala.
- Put the tomato slices on top & cover cook on medium low heat for 15 minutes. Mix the masala with the fish pieces occasionally. The tomato slices would wilt and blend well with the masala.