- Boneless chicken – 250 grams; cubed
- Coconut oil – 3 tbsps.
- Onion – 1 medium; finely chopped
- Garlic cloves – 3 numbers; big (pounded)
- Ginger – 1/4″ piece (pounded)
- Curry leaves – a few
- Tomato – s lightly less than 1 cup; finely chopped
- Black pepper powder – 1 tbsp. (level)
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp.+ 1/4 tsp.; divided
- Salt – 1/2 tsp.
- Heat oil in a broad non-stick pan & add the onions, garlic, ginger and curry leaves. Cook till the onions turn golden brown in colour.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes and cook for 15-20 minutes or till the tomatoes turn mushy.
- Add the pepper powder and garam masala powder & fry for a minute on low heat.
- Stir in the chicken cubes & salt & fry till the chicken starts to change colour.
- Cover cook on low heat for 20-25 minutes. Do not add any water while cooking the chicken. Finally add 1/4 tsp. of garam masala powder and mix.
- Serve this as an appetiser or as a side dish with rice.