- Coconut oil- 1 tsbps.+ 1 tbsp.; divided
- Onion – 2 medium; coarsely chopped
- Tomato – 2 medium; coarsely chopped
- Tamarind – a very small pieces ( 1/4 tsp. approx.)
- Salt – 3/4 tsp.
- Kashmiri dry red chilly – 3 numbers
- Dry red chilly – 4 numbers
- Garlic – 5 big cloves
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp.
- Combine all ingredients from 2-8 and 1 tbsp. of coconut oil in a pressure cooker. Cook for a whistle on medium heat. There is no need to add any water while cooking. Open the cooker when the pressures subide. Let the mixture cool completely. Grind to a smooth paste .
- Heat 1 tbsp. of oil in a wok and splutter the mustard seeds. Stir in the tomato paste and mix well for a miute.
- Serve with ghee roast or rava dosa.