- Plain flour –1 cup
- Baking soda – 1 tsp.
- Baking powder – 1/4 tsp.
- Salt – a pinch
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – 1 level tbsp.
- Butter – 95 grams; softened
- Castor sugar – 1 cup
- Eggs – 2 numbers, large
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp.
- Instant coffee powder – 1 tbsp. mixed with 1 tbsp. of hot water
- Thick curd – 3/4 – 1 cup
For the mocha glaze:-
- Dark chocolate – 50 grams; grated
- Butter – 25 grams
- Instant Coffee powder – 1/2 tbsp. mixed with 1 tbsp. hot water
- Icing sugar – 3/4 cup
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Sift together the plain flour, salt, cocoa powder, baking soda & baking powder.
- Beat together the softened butter and castor sugar for 10 minutes with a hand mixer till light and fluffy.
- Beat in the 2 eggs, one by one and beat well after each addition.
- Beat in the vanilla essence and coffee.
- Fold in the dry flour mixture alternated with the curd.
- Transfer this mixture to a prepared cake tin. I used an 8″ bundt tin.
- Bake at 180C for 30 minutes and at 160C for 10 minutes.
- For the frosting, melt the dark chocolate along with butter. Allow the mixture to cool down completely. Add the coffee and icing sugar and beat till the mixture is light and fluffy. Apply this frosting over the cake.