- Raw rice/ Pachari – 1 cup; soaked in water for 2-3 hours
- Grated coconut – 1.5 cups
- Jaggery – 2 to 2.5 cups
- Water – 6 cups
- Cardamom powder – 3/4 tsp.
- Salt – 1/4 tsp.
- Butter – 25 to 30 grams
- Grind the rice, coconut and jaggery together to a coarse paste. Transfer this mixture to a thick bottomed vessel and add 6 cups of water. Cook on low heat till the mixture starts to leave the sides of the pan. Add cardamom powder, salt and mix.
- Transfer the porridge to a plate and level the top.
- Make a well in the center of the porridge and place the butter in the well.
Source: -Magic Oven