- Plain flour –1.5 cup
- Baking soda – 1/4 tsp.
- Baking powder – 1.5 tsps.
- Salt – a pinch
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – 1/3 cup
- Butter – 200 grams; softened
- Brown sugar – 1.5 cup
- Eggs – 4 numbers, large
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp.
- Thick curd – 1/4-1/2 cup
- Chocolate chips – 2/3 cup
For the topping:-
- Toasted almonds – 1.5 cups; coarsely chopped
- Butter – 75 grams; softened
- Brown sugar – 1/3 cup
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Apply 75 grams of butter on the base of a tube pan. Sprinkle brown sugar and then the nuts over the butter.
- Sift together the plain flour, salt, cocoa powder, baking soda & baking powder.
- Beat together the softened butter and brown sugar for 10 minutes with a hand mixer till light and fluffy.
- Beat in the 4 eggs, one by one and beat well after each addition.
- Beat in the vanilla essence.
- Fold in the dry flour mixture alternated with the curd. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour this mixture over the nuts layer.
- Bake at 180C for 45 minutes.