- Ghee – 1/2 cup
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp.
- Grated nutmeg – a pinch
- Jaggery – 1/2 cup; finely grated
- Heat ghee in a thick bottomed pan & add the wheat flour. Roast the flour for 15 minutes or till it releases a nice aroma and is well roasted.
- Add the cardamom and nutmeg powders and remove from heat. Keep mixing for another 1-2 minutes to prevent the burning of the flour.
- When the mixture is cooled down to slightly more than lukewarm add the grated jaggery and mix well. The jaggery should melt completely.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased plate and press down really well. Mark shapes and separate the pieces when completely cool.