- Taro root – 2 cups; cut into small cubes
- Potato – 1/2 cup; cut into small cubes
- Greenchilies – 3 numbers; slit
- Salt to taste
- Thin coconut milk or randaam paal – 1.5 cups
- Sour green mango – 1/2 cup (sliced)
- Thick coconut milk – 1/2 cup
- Hing – 1/2 tsp.
- Coconut oil – 1 tbsp.
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp.
- Fenugreek/Uluva – 1/4 tsp.
- Dry red chillies – 2 numbers
- Curry leaves – a few
- Mix together the taro, potato, greenchillies, thin coconut milk and salt in a sauce pan & bring the mixture to a rolling boil. Add the mango slices & cover cook for 20-25 minutes or till the veggies are cooked and the gravy has thickened.
- Add the thick coconut milk and hing and remove from heat.
- Heat coconut oil in a wok and splutter the mustard seeds. Stir in the fenugreek and cook for a few seconds. Add the dry red chillies and curry leaves. Pour this seasoning over the curry.
- Serve this curry with rice.