- Kashmiri dry red chillies – 8 numbers
- Pepper corns – 1/2 tsp.
- Elephant yam – 2 cups; cut into small cubes
- Raw banana – 1 cup; cut into small cubes
- Water – 1.5 cups
- Salt to taste
- Coconut oil – 1 tsp. + 1.5 tbsps.;divided
- Curry leaves – a few
- White vinegar – 1/4 tsp.
- Soak the dry red chillies in hot water for 3-4 hours. Remove the seeds from the chillies. Grind together the chillies and pepper corns to a smooth paste.
- Cook the elephant yam and banana pieces together adding the prepared chilly paste, 1 tsp. of coconut oil, 1 cup of water and salt. Cover cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Finally add 1.5 tbsps. of coconut oil, vinegar and curry leaves and remove from heat.