- All purpose flour – 11/3 cup
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – 1 level tbsp.
- Salt – a pinch
- Butter – 175 grams; softened
- Brown sugar – 12/3 cups
- Egg – 2 numbers; large
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp.
- Dark chocolate ( I used Lindt 60%) – 100 grams; melted and cooled
- Baking soda – 1 tsp. (level)
- Hot coffee – 1 cup ( 1/2 level tsp. instant coffee powder mixed with 1 cup of boiling water)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Sift together the flour, salt and cocoa powder.
- Mix together the butter and brown sugar.
- Add in the eggs and just mix till combined. Do not over beat the mixture as the cake will not be dense.
- Stir in the melted chocolate and vanilla essence. Sift in the baking soda.
- Fold in the sifted flour mixture alternated with the hot coffee.
- Pour the batter into a prepared 2 lb. loaf tin.
- Bake at 180C for 55 minutes. A skewer inserted into the center of the cake will not come out clean in this case.
- Let the cake cool completely before removing it from the pan. This cake will be crispy from outside and very soft and moist from inside.
Source:- Hot chocolate hits