- Beetroot – 500 grams or 2 big numbers; grated
- Water – 7 cups
- Sugar – 1 kg. or 2.5 cups
- Lime juice – of 5 limes
- Ciric acid – 1/2 tsp.
- Tonovin essence – 3/4 tsp.
- Mix the grated beetroot and water together and bring to a boil. Cook for 20 minutes on a medium low heat. Strain the mixture.
- Add sugar to the strained beetroot extract and cook further for 15-20 minutes. Add the lime juice and boil further for 5 minutes more. Switch off heat. Finally add the essence and citric acid. Let cool completely. Store in a glass bottle in a refrigerator.
- To make beetroot juice, take 1/4 cup of beetroot squash and 3/4 cup of water in a glass. Mix well with a spoon. Top with ice cubes and serve immediately.
Note:- This squash does not taste of beetroots at all. It tastes like grape juice.