For 1st layer:-
- Spaghetti –
- Salt to taste
- Butter – 1.5 tbsps.
- Oil – 1 tbsp.
- Plain flour – 1.5 tbsps.
- Cream – 3/4 cup
- Water – 3/4 cup
- Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp.
- Mustard powder – 1/4 tsp.
For the 2nd layer:-
- Oil – 1 tbsp.
- Garlic – 2 cloves; finely chopped
- Onion – 1 medium; finely chopped
- Kidney beans – 1.5 cups ( I used tinned)
- Tomato Basil sauce – 11/4 cup
- Sugar – 1 tsp.
- Fresh basil – 5-6 numbers
- Oregano – 1/2 tsp.
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp.
- Cornflour – 1 heaping tsp. mixed with 1 tbsp. of water
- Cheddar cheese – as needed
- Olives – a few; sliced
- Butter – 10 grams; cut into small cubes
- Put the spaghetti in boiling salted water and cook for 10 minutes. Drain water from the cooked spaghetti.
- Heat 1.5 tbsp. of butter and 1 tbsp. of oil in a medium sauce pan. Stir in the flour and fry it for 2 minutes on low heat. Add the cream and water and cook till saucy. Add salt, pepper powder and mustard powder. Mix the cooked spaghetti with the white sauce. Place the spaghetti in a oven proof dish.
- For the 2nd layer, heat oil and add the garlic. Cook till it starts to change colour. Stir in the onions and cook till translucent. Add the kidney beans, tomato basil sauce, salt, basil leaves, sugar and oregano. Add cornflour and cook till the mixture turns saucy. Finally add sugar and remove from heat. Spread this mixture over the spaghetti layer.
- Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese and olives on top. Place a few pieces of butter here and there.
- Bake in a 180C preheated oven for 10 minutes.