- Jackfruit flesh pieces/ Varikka chakka chula – as required
- Maida – 1/2 cup
- Cornflour – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 5 level tbsps.
- Salt – 1/2 tsp.
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Water – 1/3 cup
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Egg – 1 medium
- Oil/ghee/ combination of both – as required for deep frying
- Remove the seeds from each chakka chula keeping it intact.
- Combine the ingredients from 2 to 9 to make a batter that is neither too thick nor too thin. The batter should be thick enough to coat the jack fruit pieces well.
- Heat oil/ghee for deep frying . When the oil becomes really hot, reduce heat to a minimum and slide the jack fruit pieces into the hot oil after coating them well with the batter. Increase heat to medium and fry till golden brown and crisp.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot.