- Jack fruit seeds – 7 numbers
- Cream or milk – 1/4 cup
- Maida – 1 tbsp.
- Besan/ Chickpea flour – 1 tbsp.
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Ghee – 1 heaping tbsp.
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Clean the jack fruit seeds and scrape the brown skin. Cook the seeds in a cooker adding some water. Simmer for 5 minutes after the first whistle. Open the cooker after the pressures subside. Grind to a smooth paste adding little water.
- Combine the jack fruits seeds paste with cream/milk, maida, gram flour and sugar in a broad non-stick pan. Cook on medium heat till the mixture starts to leave the sides of the pan. Add ghee from time to time. Finally add the cardamom powder and transfer the mixture to a greased plate. Mark shapes when partially set.
- Separate the pieces when fully cooled down to room temperature.