- Finely chopped ripe jackfruit (varikka chakka) – 1.5 cups
- Jaggery – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 2 level tbsps.
- Water – 2 tbsps.
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Powdered cardamom – 3/4 tsp.
- Cumin powder – a small pinch
- Ghee – 1 tsp.
- Mix together the grated jaggery, sugar and water in a wok. Cook till the mixture bubbles and thickens.
- Add the chopped jackfruit and mix till dry. Add the grated coconut and cook further for 1 more minute.
- Finally add ghee, cumin and cardamom powders and switch off heat. Let cool completely to room temperature.
- Use this as a filling for ela ada/kozhukatta.