- Koorka – 3 cups; chopped
- Water – 3/4 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp.
- coconut oil – 2 tbsps.
- Onion – 1 medium; finely chopped
- Shallots – 1/2 cup; coarsely chopped
- Garlic – 1 big clove
- Coconut cuts – 1/4 cup
- Curry leaves – a few
- Kashmiri chilly powder – 1 heaping tsp. or even more
- Combine the koorka with 3/4 cup of water, 3/4 tsp. of salt and 1/4 tsp. of turmeric powder in a pressure cooker. Cook for 2 whistles on high heat. Open the pressure cooker once the pressures subside. Cook till dry.
- Pound the shallots and garlic together.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add the pounded shallot mixture, chopped onions, coconut cuts, curry leaves and fry till they turn golden brown in colour. Add salt and chilly powder. Cook for a minute on low heat. Stir in the cooked koorka and cook for 2 minutes on medium high heat.