This is not the recipe for Classic chocolate chip cookies. This is just the recipe for our family favorite cookie with chocolate chips.
- Plain flour – 1/2 cup + 2 level tbsps.
- Wheat flour – 1/2 cup
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp.
- Salt – a pinch
- Chocolate chips – 3/4 cup
- Walnuts – 1/3 cup; coarsely chopped
- Butter – 100 grams
- Castor sugar – 1/4 cup + 2 level tbsps.
- Brown sugar – 1/4 cup + 2 level tbsps.
- Egg – 1 number; medium
- Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp.
- Sift together the flours, baking soda and salt. Add the chocolate chips and chopped walnuts and mix.
- Beat together the butter and sugars till creamy and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and essence. Fold in the dry ingredients mixture.
- Refrigerate the cookie dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Drop level ice cream scoopful of the dough on to a cookie tray lined with foil.
- Bake in the oven at 190C for 13-15 minutes.
- Let cool completely before serving.