- Fresh Mango puree – 2 cups (Grind 4 mangoes in a mixer/blender to a thick paste without adding water)
- Ghee – 1/4 + 1/4 cup; divided
- Sugar – 1.5 cups
- Vanilla flavored custard powder – 3 tbsps. mixed with 1 cup of water
- Cashews – 1/4 cup; coarsely chopped
- Powdered cardamom – 1 tsp.
- Heat 1/4 cup of ghee in a thick bottomed pan. Add the mango puree and cook on high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sugar and custard powder solution and mix.
- Add 1/4 cup of ghee little by little when the mixture starts to turn thick. Also add teh nuts.
- Cook till the mixture starts to leave the sides of the pan & comes together as a mass. Add the cardamom powder and mix.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased tin & cool completely. Cut into squares when cold.