- Plain flour – 1.5 cup
- Baking powder– 2.5 tsps.
- Salt – a pinch
- Chocolate chips – 3/4 cup + 1/4 cup for sprinkling
- Peanut butter – 1 cup
- Brown sugar – 1/2 cup; packed
- Granulated white sugar – 1/2 cup
- Egg – 2 numbers; large
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp.
- Buttermilk – 1 cup ( or 1 tbsp. vinegar mixed with 1 cup of milk and kept aside for 5 minutes)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add 3/4 cup of chocolate chips and mix.
- Beat together the peanut butter and sugars till creamy and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one by one and the essence.
- Fold in the dry ingredients mixture alternated with the buttermilk..
- Pour the batter into a loaf tin lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of chocolate chips on top.
- Bake in the oven at 180C for 45 minutes and at 160C for 15 minutes.
- Let cool completely before serving.