- Plain flour – 3/4 cup
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – 1/2 cup
- Baking soda– 1/2 tsp.
- Salt – a pinch
- Walnuts – 1/2 cup; coarsely chopped
- Curd – 1 cup
- Caster sugar – 3/4 cup
- Dark chocolate – 1/2 cup ( I used 60%); grated and melted by double boiling and cooled to room temperature
- Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp.
- Water– 1/3 cup
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add the walnuts and mix.
- Beat together the curd and sugar till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Beat in the melted dark chocolate and the essence.
- Fold in the dry ingredients mixture alternated with water. Do not over-mix.
- Pour the batter into a 9×9″ brownie pan.
- Bake in the oven at 180C for 25 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting and serving.
Note:- There is no butter/oil in this recipe.