For the chicken tikka:-
- Chicken – 500 grams ( Boneless, skinless breast pieces), cut into 1″ cubes
- Salt – 1.5 tsp / to taste
- Thick hung curd – 1/4 cup (prepared from 1/2 cup of curd)
- Ginger paste – 1 heaping tsp.
- Garlic paste – 1 heaping tsp.
- Kasoori methi – 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri chilly powder – 1/2 – 3/4 heaping tsp.
- Paprika powder – 1 heaping tsp.
- Cumin powder – 1/4 tsp.
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Cinnamon powder – 1/8 tsp.
- Chaat masala – 1/4 tsp
- Lime juice – 1 tbsp.
- Orange red food color – a pinch
- Oil – 3 tbsp.
- Butter – 1 tbsp.
For the vegetable fritters:-
- Cauliflower florets – 1/2 cup; blanced
- Fresh corn – 5 numbers; cut into small piecs at and angle
- Egg – half a medium
- Cornflour – 2 heaping tbsps.
- Plain flour – 2 heaping tbsps.
- Salt – 3/4 to 1 tsp.
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Oil – to deep-fry the florets
For the vegetable mixture:-
- Butter – 1 tbsp.
- Carrot – 1 medium; chopped
- Capsicum – 1 medium; cut into 1″ cubes
For the rice:-
- Basmathi rice – 2 cups (soaked in water for 30 minutes and drained)
- Ghee – 1 tbsp.
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp.
- Salt – 2 tsps.
- Boiling water – 4 cups
For the sauce:-
- Mayonnaise – 1 cup
- Tomato puree – 2 tbsps.
- Salt – 1/4 tsp.
First prepare the chicken tikka:- Marinate the chicken cubes with all the ingredients from 1 to 15 written under “for the chicken tikka” for at least 2 hours in your refrigerator/ preferably overnight in your freezer. Heat oil and butter in a frying pan & fry the chicken till browned on both the sides. Remove the fried chicken tikka from the pan & keep aside.
Then prepare the vegetable fritters:- Marinate the cauliflower florets and baby corn with plain flour, corn flour, salt, pepper powder and beaten egg for 10 minutes. Deep fry in hot oil on medium heat till crisp. Drain on paper towels and keep aside.
Next prepare the veggies:– Heat 1 tbsp. of butter and fry the carrots and capsicum cubes for 3-4 minutes or till just soft.
Then prepare the rice:- Heat ghee and add the cumin seeds. Stir in the rice and fry rice for 3-4 minutes on medium high heat. Add boiling water and salt & cover cook on medium low heat for 10 minutes.
For the sauce, combine the mayo, tomato puree and salt.
To prepare the platter, first spread the cooked rice on a platter. Spread the sauted veggies, chicken tikka and vegetable fritters over the rice. Finally drizzle the mayo sauce on the top and serve immediately.