- Plain flour – 1.75 cups
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – 3 bit heaping tbsps.
- Almond meal – 1/2 cup
- Salt – a pinch
- Butter – 200 grams
- Caster sugar – 1 cup
- Egg yolk – 1 number
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp.
- Nutella – as required
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder and salt. Add the almond meal and mix.
- Beat together the butter and sugar till creamy and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg yolk and essence. Fold in the dry ingredients mixture.
- Refrigerate the cookie dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Make small lime sized balls from the cookie dough and place them on a tray lined with foil. Make a pit in the center with your thumb.
- Bake in the oven at 180C for 17 minutes. When the cookies are still hot, press in the pit once again to ensure that there is enough space to pipe the Nutella. Let the cookies cool completely to room temperature. Pipe Nutella into the pits you had made.