This recipe will make 6 burgers.
For the burger patties:-
- Chicken mince – 500 grams
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Worcestershire sauce – 1 tbsp.
- Oregano – 1/2 tsp.
- Garlic – 4 big cloves (pasted)
- Ginger paste- 1/2 tsp.
- Thyme – 1/4 tsp.
- Salt – 1.5 tsp. (approx.)
- Egg- 1/2 a medium; beaten
- Bread – 2 slices soaked in 1/4 cup of milk for 15 minutes, squeezed and crumbled
- Bread crumbs – as required
- Oil – 1/4 cup; for shallow frying the patties
For the coleslaw:-
- Cabbage – 1 cup; shredded
- Mayo – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – a pinch
- pepper powder – 1/4 tsp.
For assembling the burger:-
- Burger bun –6 numbers
- Butter – as needed
- Tomato ketchup – 6 tsps.
- Cheddar Cheese slices – 6 numbers
- Onion rings – 6 numbers
- Tomato slices – 6 numbers
Let’s make the patties first
- Pulse the chicken mince with Worcestershire sauce, garlic paste, ginger paste, thyme, oregano, pepper powder, egg, the crumbled bread slices and salt by using a food processor. Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and shape each portion into a circle of 3″diameter and 1 cm thickness. Coat the burger patties with bread crumbs.
- Heat 4 tbsps. of oil in a broad pan and shallow-fry each patty till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides. This will take only about 2 minutes per side. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
For the coleslaw
Mix together all the ingredients written under “for the coleslaw“.
To assemble the burger
- Cut each burger bun horizontally into two. Apply ½ tsp of butter on the inside of each half of the burger bun and toast them lightly on a tawa (griddle). Keep aside.
- Apply 1 tbsp of the coleslaw on the buttered side of all the lower bun halves.
- Apply tomato ketchup on the buttered side of all the upper bun halves.
- Place a lower half of the bun on a clean, dry surface with the buttered-spread side facing up.
- Place a patty over it. Place a cheese slice over the hot patty.
- Place onion and tomato rings over the cheese slice and cover with upper half of the bun with the buttered side facing down and press it lightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 5 more burgers.