- Plain flour –1.75 cups
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp.
- Baking powder – 2 tsps.
- Salt – a pinch
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – 4 tbsps. (slightly heaped)
- Butter – 150 grams; softened
- Castor sugar – 1.75 cups
- Eggs – 2 numbers, large
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp.
- Thick curd – 1 cup
- Boiling water – 1/3 cup
For the glaze:-
- Dark chocolate – 1 cup; grated
- Heavy cream – 3/4 cup
- Icing sugar – 1/2 cup
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Sift together the plain flour, salt, cocoa powder, baking soda & baking powder.
- Beat together the softened butter and castor sugar for 10 minutes with a hand mixer till light and fluffy.
- Beat in the 2 eggs, one by one and beat well after each addition.
- Beat in the vanilla essence.
- Fold in the dry flour mixture alternated with the curd.
- Finally add the boiling water and mix.
- Transfer this mixture to a prepared cake tin. I used an 9×13″ rectangle tin.
- Bake at 180C for 35 minutes.
- For the frosting, melt the dark chocolate along with cream. Allow the mixture to cool down completely. Add the icing sugar and beat till the mixture is light and fluffy. Apply this frosting over the cake.