- Plain flour – 2 cups
- Powdered sugar – 1/2 cup
- White sesame seeds – 2 level tbsps; toasted for 3 minutes in a saucepan
- Baking powder- 1.5 tsps.
- Salt – a pinch
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp.
- Butter – 100 grams; melted and cooled
- Oil – 1/4 cup
- Mix together the flour, powdered sugar, toasted sesame seeds, baking powder, powdered cardamom and salt.
- Add oil and melted butter to the flour mixture and work for 10-15 minutes. The mixture will resemble coarse bread crumbs.
- Cover and keep the mixture aside for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Make small balls from the mixture and place them on a cookie tray lined with foil. Add some more oil if you cannot make balls .
- Bake in the oven at 190C for 15-18 minutes. They will develop cracks on baking.
- Let cool completely before serving.