Makes 4-6 rolls.
For the chicken:-
- Chicken – 250 grams, boneless breasts (cut into small cubes)
- Soy sauce – 2 tbsps.
- Salt – 1/4 tsp.
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Hoisin sauce – 1 tbsp.
- Sriracha sauce – 1 tbsp.
- Beaten egg – half of a medium
- Cornflour – 1 heaping tbsp.
- Plain flour – 1 tbsp.
- Oil – 1 tbsp. + 1/2 cup for frying the chicken
For the bread/roti:-
- All purpose flour – 1.5 cups
- Atta – 1/2 cup
- Melted ghee- 2 tbsps.
- Egg – 1/2 a medium; lightly beaten
- Salt – 3/4 tsp.
- Curd – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 3/4 heaping tbsp.
- Lukewarm water – as required
- Baking soda – 3/4 tsp. mixed with 1 tsp. of water
For the cream cheese sauce:-
- Cooking cream – 3/4 cup
- Cream cheese – 3 tbsps. ( I used Philadelphia cream cheese spread)
- Salt and pepper powder to taste
- Red chilly garlic sauce – 1 tbsp.
- Onion – 1 medium; thinly sliced and fried in 1 tsp. of oil with a little salt till pink
- Red capsicum – 1 medium; thinly sliced and fried in 1 tbsp. of oil with a little salt for 1-2 minutes
- Mix together the plain flour, atta, sugar, salt, curd, ghee, egg and lukewarm water to a make a very soft dough. Knead the dough very well and punch the dough as you knead. Keep aside for 2 hours. After 2 hours, add baking soda to water and mix. Add baking soda to the dough and knead again. Keep the dough aside for 30 more minutes.Punch down the risen dough & divide it into 6 equal balls. Roll out each ball to 1/8″ thick circles & cook them on a tawa like you cook a normal chapathi. Apply little oil on the sides of the roti while cooking. Keep warm by wrapping the cooked rotis in a foil.
- To prepare the filling, marinate the chicken cubes with soy sauce, Hoisin sauce, sriracha sauce, salt, pepper powder, egg, cornflour, plain flour and 1 tbsp. of oil for hour in your refrigerator. Deep/shallow fry the marinated chicken cubes till brown in colour. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- For the cream cheese sauce, combine the cream, cream cheese, salt, pepper powder and chilly garlic sauce in a medium sauce pan & cook for 2-3 minutes or till thick. Switch off heat.
- To make the roll ups, take a cooked bread and spread the cream cheese sauce all over it. Arrange the fried chicken in a row. Spread the sauted veggies over the chicken and roll the bread tightly.
- Serve immediately.