- Plain flour – 1.5 cups
- Baking powder – 3/4 tsp.
- Salt – 1/4 tsp.
- Butter – 150 grams; melted and cooled to room temperature
- Castor sugar – 1/4 cup
- Brown sugar – 1/2 cup (tightly packed)
- Egg – 2 numbers
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp.
- Whole oats- 1.5 cups
- Sweetened coconut flakes – 3/4 cup
- Dark chocolate chunks – 1 cup
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Sift together the plain flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add brown sugar and caster sugar to the melted butter and beat to combine. Beat in the 2 eggs, one by one and the essence.
- Fold in the sifted plain flour mixture, oats, chocolate chunks and the flaked coconut.
- Transfer the batter to a prepared 8″ square tin and bake at 180C for 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting into bars.