Sweet corn Rice:-
- Basmathi Rice – 1.5 cups
- Ghee – 1 tbsp.
- Boiling water – 3 cups
- Sunflower oil – 2 tbsps.
- Mustard seeds – 3/4 tsp.
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp.
- Hing – a pinch
- Curry leaves – a few
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 heaping tsps.
- Onion – 2 medium, finely chopped
- Greenchilly – 1 number, slit
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Coriander powder – 1 heaping tsp.
- Red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Tomato – 1.5 cups, chopped
- Green capsicum – 1 medium; finely chopped
- Boiled sweet corn kernels – 1.5 cups
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp.
- Cilantro – 1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Soak the rice in water for 30 minutes. Drain out all the water from the rice & keep the rice aside.
- Heat the ghee & fry the rice for 3-4 minutes. Add boiling water & 1.5 tsps. of salt & cover cook on medium low heat for 10 minutes. Keep this cooked rice aside.
- Heat the oil & add the mustard seeds. Allow them to splutter. Add the cumin seeds & allow them to pop.
- Add the hing and curry leaves. Stir in the ginger and garlic paste and cook till the raw smell disappears. Throw in the onions & greenchilly. Cook till the onions turns translucent.
- Add the coriander, red chilly & turmeric powders & cook for a minute on low heat.
- Throw in the chopped tomatoes & add salt to taste. Cook for 10 minutes adding water as & when required. Add the chopped capsicum and corn kernels and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add the garam masala powder & cilantro.
- Add the cooked rice to this sweet corn masala & mix.
- Serve with raitha/curd/creamy mushroom.
- Mushroom – 250 grams; thinly sliced
- Oil – 1 tsp.+ 1 tbsp.; divided
- Butter – 25 grams
- Garlic – 2 big cloves; minced
- Onion – 1/4 cup; finely chopped
- Green capsicum – 1/2 cup; chopped
- Plain flour – 1 heaping tbsp.
- Cooking cream – 3/4 cup
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Pepper powder to taste
- Salt as needed
- Celery – 2 tbsps; chopped
- Heat 1 tbsp. of oil in a frying pan & cook the mushrooms for 5 minutes or till completely dry. Remove the mushrooms from the pan & keep aside.
- To the same pan, add butter and 1 tsp. of oil. Stir in the minced garlic and fry for a minute. Add the chopped onions & capsicum. Cook till the onions turns translucent. Add flour and cook for a minute on low heat. Stir in the cooked mushrooms and mix. Add cream, salt and pepper powder and cook for a minute more. Garnish with celery.
- Serve with the corn rice.
The Corn-Rice Ring:-