- Coconut oil – 1.5 tbsps.
- Garlic – 1 big clove, minced
- Onion – 1 cup, finely chopped
- Red chilly powder – 3/4 to 1 tsp.
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp.
- Salt – 3/4 tsp.
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Achingapayar – 3 cups, cut into 1/2″ long pieces
- Cook the achingapayar in a pressure cooker adding 3/4 tsp. of salt and 1/4 cup of water. Simmer for 5 minutes after the first whistle.
- Heat the coconut oil & add the mustard seeds. Allow them to pop. Stir in the onions and garlic. Fry till they turn almost brown in color.
- Add the red chilly powder & the turmeric powder. Cook on low heat for a minute.
- Add the cooked payar & stir fry on medium high heat for 10 minutes.
- Serve with rice.